Are you travelling this summer? Well lucky you then! Travelling is always fun but not until you are done packing. Packing is the most boring, overwhelming and hardest part of the fun; well at least in my case. How can you possibly fit your entire life into one tiny suitcase? Ok fine, maybe some of you may have two suitcases or even a larger size but that’s still not enough space! This is the hectic part but don’t worry, I may be able to give you some helpful tips. And sorry boys, this article is geared more towards girls but the tips are still helpful. I mean, instead of a bikini you might want to pack swim trunks but other than that, its all the same thing. So lets get started, shall we?
- This is probably the most obvious tip, but you will be surprised by the number of people that acts as if they never heard it before. Make sure you chose a suitcase that is durable but yet light in weight! You will be travelling so you do not want to deal with a heavy suitcase or one that will fall apart right after baggage check.
- Pack smart. Remember, you are limited to space and there are so many things you need to bring. So what does it really mean?
a) Everyone needs a pair of denim jeans when travelling but they are very heavy! So what should you do? If you are going away for only about a week or so, then just pack your favorite pair of jeans that go with everything; two at most.
b) It’s hot in the summer so I am sure you will all need shorts. Pack 3 different pairs of short; they take up very little space and can make/ break an outfit. You should pack a denim pair of shorts, one solid color and one printed one. Trust me, that’s already more than enough!
c) Pack a few different options of tops from solids to prints to even a bit dressy. Tops are what usually makes an outfit so I would focus more on the tops then on the bottoms. Remember, it also helps if you preplan an outfit. That way, you are most likely to not over pack.
d) Take a few different dresses; they are comfortable to shop around in in the hot weather and the best part is that you don’t have to worry about putting together an outfit. They also take up very little space in the suitcase.
e) Take at least 1 cocktail dress; you never know when you will need it.
f) Make sure to pack comfortable shoes and sandals but also remember to take that pair of heels that match your cocktail dress.
g) When packing bikinis; remember to take an extra solid bottom or top that will match with your printed ones.
h) Don’t forget your toothbrush, toothpaste and shaving essentials!
i) Try not to forget your undergarments. I think it would be very sad if you did forget because the last thing you want to do is go underwear shopping as soon as you get there!
3. Make sure to travel with travel size items only because this will save you tons of space and weight.
4. Don’t forget the beach bag essentials. I am sure you will be heading to the beach plenty of times in the summer so don’t forget your sunscreen, sunglasses, flip flops, floppy hat and tanning oil. By the way, try to get at least SPF 50 or above; you want to protect yourself from all the uv rays!
5. This may sound silly but please don’t forget your camera! Remember, you want to capture all the fun moments you had.
6. Ladies please pack your makeup and jewelry accordingly. Its not the end of the world if you don’t have 5 different foundations to choose from or if you only have one gold watch to match all your outfits!
7. And oh, I almost forgot but don’t forget your Pepto-Bismol!
I think that’s about it guys; I am pretty sure I covered it all. So the next time you start packing for your vacation, take a second to think what you really need and what you don’t!
Hope you enjoy your vacation!